Ultra light Acoustic piano exist?
m***@gmail.com
2015-09-11 22:26:29 UTC
Actually, there are now some amazing hybrid keyboards now out. One somehow makes a large speaker into the soundboard.It's pretty weird. There are demonstration videos available online. I forget the maker, but it does signal a new wave of keyboard devices.
v***@gmail.com
2016-11-29 20:34:07 UTC
what about Klavin's Una Corda. I know it doesn't sound like a regular piano, but it's 100kg + you can remove the mechanism for extreme portability.
n***@gmail.com
2017-08-31 21:45:24 UTC
I was in a band in the early 70's that had a strung spinet that was light enough for 2 of us guys to get it into the van.
Can't remember the brand name but it was portable.
We carried it around to every gig.
h***@gmail.com
2020-04-30 16:22:44 UTC
RE: Ultralight acoustic piano - Sorry to disappoint you, but the majority
of the weight in an acoustic piano does not come from the "furniture"
aspect. It is due to the heavy cast iron plate and corresponding structual
assembly required to support the combined string tension of approximately
20 tons of tension! Although modern metalurgy can produce an appropriate
structure, it is presently way out of line from a financial standpoint.
Although I rebuild, tune and prefer to play acoustic pianos, and use the
next best SUBSTITUTE, the electronic keyboard when I need portability.
Note: before you electronic fans start screaming replys to this, keep in
mind that there is NO electronic keyboard that can do what an acoustic
piano can do. They can digitize it, synthesize it, ALMOST sound like an
acoustic piano, but when being played, I have not found ANY electronic
piano that can reproduce the effect that can be gotten from an acoustic
piano, i.e. sound waves blending, amplifying each other, canceling each
other, etc. which can only be gotten from a vibrating membrane such as an
acoustic soundboard.
Well, I did find this... It's a new-built square piano. https://www.jc-neupert.de/en/component/virtuemart/neue-instrumente/tafelklaviere/square-piano-mahr-detail
Becky Thompson
2020-10-02 17:57:11 UTC
[...]
Just lose power and see who can still make music on their piano!!! :)