Info on Wilson Guitar?
u***@gmail.com
2015-01-23 00:34:03 UTC
I notice that this was originally posted in 1999, but I just saw it today (1/22//2015). You probably got rid of that Wilson a long time ago, but I still have one and thought I would respond in the event you still have it. I bought my WF-115 new in 1968 (I think)for somewhere around $600. These guitars were made in Japan by the company that makes Wilson pianos. Not sure they are still in business. After almost 40 years it still has great tone, particularly the low end, although it has gotten a little hard to play as the fret markers have worn down considerably. I agree that Elixir light gauge strings work well, although currently, I have a set of SP lights on it. I only play it rarely and tend to use it primarily tuned in open D or G (saves having to constantly retune my other guitar).

I have never fooled around with the truss rod, neck is still pretty straight, and I can't help you much with the odor problem, which by now has probably resolved itself by either time passing or you no longer have it.

Anyway, thought you would be interested.
G***@yahoo.com
2017-04-15 23:47:48 UTC
My father gave me the same guitar in 1966, or earlier. He traded for some work he did on a guys car. The man told him it was made by gibson (or martin?), but that could have been a story just to get his transmission going?
Nick Odell
2017-04-16 09:56:18 UTC
Post by G***@yahoo.com
My father gave me the same guitar in 1966, or earlier. He traded for some work he did on a guys car. The man told him it was made by gibson (or martin?), but that could have been a story just to get his transmission going?
Over here in the UK the Wilson name is firmly associated with Watkins
and WEM.

Have a browse through this site http://www.watkinsguitars.co.uk/ and
see if this is the Wilson you are looking for.

Nick